Walsh Technical Services – United States
May 2017 to Present
- Work with clients to revise and update WordPress websites.
- Work with clients to improve SEO and online visibility.
- Work with clients to revise, update, and migrate Shopify websites.
- Able to immediately refer out client work should I receive an attractive job offer.
Product Manager – Security Line (Dwelling)
FRONTSTEPS – Austin, TX
June 2022 to February 2023
- Interviewed customers and partners weekly to determine gaps in product, knowledge, or expectations. Deliver results based on findings.
- Sought roadmap alignment (Monday.com) with complimentary product lines.
- Aligned roadmap with resources available and “off-roadmap” tasks, to achieve the most accurate roadmap picture possible.
- Stabilized the Security product line to ensure that product line revenue could be used to further investments in other areas of the business.
- Hosted monthly cross-functional business unit reviews (BURs) to ensure that there was clear alignment across teams and identify opportunities for unlocking revenue or efficiencies.
- Proactively addressed difficult customer challenges related to the Security product line to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Worked with Project Lead to identify the resources and communications needed in order to phase out legacy products.
- Identified and pursue new channels and opportunities for growth to drive business success – including the invention and championing of a hardware strategy that will unlock MRR for the organization.
Various – Oregon / Texas
July 2017 to July 2022
- Part-time real estate contract work with both Windermere (Oregon) and JB Goodwin (Texas).
- Leveraged a half dozen CRMs and over a dozen SaaS tools to deliver drip campaigns, follow-up comms, phone check-ins, and “flow” work.
- Launched real estate podcast in Texas.
Business Systems Analyst (Consultant)
Instashowing.com – Austin, TX
February 2021 to February 2021
- Successfully executed a seamless migration of a large client and prospect database/workflows to Hubspot Enterprise in under a week, resulting in improved efficiency and customer engagement.
- Managed the Google Workspace Admin account and other IT admin tasks on behalf of the CEO, ensuring optimal system performance and data security.
- Delivered compelling presentations to Multiple Listing Service Boards and Directors, effectively communicating the value proposition of the company’s offerings and paving the way for the hiring of an MLS sales team.
- Provided valuable guidance on product use cases by effectively communicating with clients and presenting clear details about the Product/Engineering team, resulting in the development of high-quality products that met customer needs.
Vice President Operations
IDX, LLC – Eugene, OR
May 2014 to June 2017
- Retained as the operations leader following the company’s acquisition by private equity in 2014, responsible for all day-to-day operations.
- Managed product and development scope for the new IDX Broker Platinum
(Beta) product and subsequently hired a product manager for the role.
- Addressed personnel challenges by hiring an HR Manager and built a cohesive team culture through hosting weekly cross-functional all-hands meetings with snacks.
- Updated and customized the knowledge base, including a high percentage of articles on the new Beta product, and hired additional support specialists and a support manager.
- Developed an automated dashboard for tracking internal MRR/Lifetime
Value/Churn Rate using Excel and Access, in collaboration with the CFO for accuracy.
- Negotiated favorable pricing and managed all details of Google Maps API integration requirements, which significantly reduced costs.
- Led the effort to integrate, package, and sell WordPress websites and recommended the company either fully integrate Agent Evolution or eliminate it as a distraction.
- Engaged with the real estate community through multiple blog and forum posts, continuing to be the public face of the company’s best-in-class IDX tools for Developers and Small Brokerages.
Business Development Manager
IDX, LLC – Eugene, OR
May 2008 to May 2014
- Worked collaboratively with cross-functional teams to resolve CSS/HTML integration issues, acting as a liaison between web developers and Engineering/Product teams.
- Successfully built and managed a web developer channel, growing business by over 50% year-over-year primarily via this channel.
- Developed and produced SEO training videos for Realtor and web developer clients to improve their online visibility and generate leads.
- Established the first knowledge base and implemented effective support triage methods, including in-line help modules, to improve customer satisfaction and retention.
- Informally led and directed a team of approximately 20, fostering a collaborative and results-driven work environment.
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Yahoo!, Inc – Eugene, OR / Sunnyvale, CA
March 2006 to May 2008
- Collaborated with the PMM team to identify and prioritize opportunities for improving the Right Media network.
- Authored and presented multiple Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) for the Network team to ensure alignment with strategic goals.
- Coordinated with IASH and European AOL teams to optimize publisher inventory for premium ad sales, resulting in increased revenue.
- Led the Right Media publisher Analytics team, providing regular performance updates and insights to internal and external stakeholders.
Business Development Manager
Right Media Inc./Exchange – New York, NY
December 2003 to March 2006
- Part of the core team that mocked up, scoped, built, and launched the RMX Direct product as described on TechCrunch (https://techcrunch.com/2006/08/12/rmx-direct-alternative-ad-networks-battle-for-your-blog/)
- Worked with Director to grow and train the team when the company pivoted from being an ad agency to being an ad exchange.
- Closed several ad network deals with Israeli media companies.
Director of Channel Marketing
Palo Alto Software – Eugene, OR
June 1997 to December 2002
- Led all channel sales activities nationwide for $15M business planning software company.
- Wrote a successful sample business plan still used in liveplan.com.
- Interacted with channel reps and hired merchandising firm to help us achieve 85% market share in the niche.
- Chose an ad server (DoubleClick), and became an expert in uploading creatives and hosting ads for Bplans.com.
- Also sold ad space on Bplans.com to Entrepreneur magazine, Inc. Magazine, and other small business websites/publications for a minimum of $30k per quarter, per client ad spend.
- Managed all day-to-day activities around ad insertion, sales, and ad hosting technology while also acting as Channel Manager.
Post-Baccalaureate in Computer Science – Projected Winter 2024
College of Engineering – Oregon State University – Corvallis, OR
June 2022 to Present
Bachelor’s degree in Finance
University of Oregon – Charles H. Lundquist College of Business – Eugene, OR
May 1994 to June 1997